What are period pains?
Period pains are quite common, and women may experience them during their menstrual cycle. These pains normally include uncomfortable muscle cramps in your stomach and can also be felt on your back and thighs. Period pains may vary from mild to constant intense contractions.If the pains are felt constantly and cause discomfort, medication can be taken to reduce the pain and cramps.
What is Feminax Express?
Feminax express is a medication designed to help alleviate menstrual cramps and discomfort. The medication contains ibuprofen Lysine which is a fast acting form of ibuprofen that has anti-inflammatory properties. These properties help reduce the inflammation that may lead to the pain and discomfort many women experience during their monthly cycle.
How does Feminax express work?
The active ingredient in Feminax express is Ibuprofen. It works by targeting the immediate area in which the pain is experienced rather than taking effect on the central nervous system, making it an excellent choice for reducing the pain caused by swelling from muscle cramps during menstruation.
How do I take a Feminax express?
The standard dose for Feminax is 1 tablet to be taken every 8 hours. It's always best to use the lowest dose possible to manage your symptoms. If you do not feel relief from the pain after 3 days use then consult your physician.
Feminax should be taken with a full glass of water with or after a meal. Alternatively if appropriate, to avoid an upset stomach, you can take an antacid such as omeprazole alongside Feminax.
- Are Pregnant, intending to become pregnant or you are breastfeeding
- Have, or previously had, a stomach ulcer, perforation, or bleeding.
- Have an allergic reaction to ibuprofen or any other ingredient of the drug, aspirin, or pain relievers.
- Have kidney, heart or liver failure/dysfunction
- Are using any additional nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or aspirin in a dose of more than 75 milligrams per day?
- For further precautions please read the patient information leaflet before purchasing this medication
What are the side effects of Feminax express?
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. Below are some common side effects:
- Feeling sick (nausea), indigestion or abdominal pain
- Skin rashes
Some rarely occurring side effects are
- Wind (flatulence).
Other more serious side effects can occur, In which case you should immediately stop taking Feminax and go to a hospital.
- Some individuals can suffer from allergic reactions such as severe skin rashes, swollen lips, tongue and throat (angioedema) or narrowing of the airways.
- Bleeding or ulceration in the stomach or intestine
- The sensation of spinning (vertigo)
- Ringing or other noise in the ears (tinnitus)
- Visual disturbances
- Problems with your kidneys, liver or blood cells
- Retention of water in the body tissues (fluid retention), resulting in swelling (oedema)
- Increased blood pressure (hypertension)
- Heart Failure