Acnecide gel is a treatment for mild acne that is applied on the face, chest and back. If you notice that you may be getting breakouts and want an effective treatment, this gel contains an active ingredient, specifically formulated to target and control your acne.
What is acnecide gel used for?
Acnecide gel is a treatment for mild acne that is applied to your face. Acnecide gel contains the active ingredient benzoyl peroxide which is effective in killing the bacteria that causes acne known as propionibacterium acnes. Acne occurs when there is a buildup of oil on the skin caused by hormonal changes. Due to the excess of sebum production and clogged follicles, this results in tiny bumps of inflamed or irritated skin usually around the face, neck and shoulders. With the gel treatment, the surge of acne can be controlled and reduce the inflammation of acne.
Who can use this product?
This is for adults and children over the age of 12.
How to use
Use the treatment as recommended on the leaflet. This gel is for topical and external use only.
- Make sure to cleanse where you will be using this product before applying and pat dry.
- Opening the tube, apply a thin layer of the gel to the affected area. Avoid sensitive areas such as your eyes, mouth and nose.
- When applying for the first time, only apply this before going to bed. It is normal to feel a slight burning sensation during the first few days, however if this persists, stop using this immediately.
- If there is no longer a slight burning sensation or only slight peeling of the skin after 3 days, continue to apply this twice a day, in the morning and evening.
Use a moisturiser to ease any irritation after applying the gel. If there are no signs of improvement after 12 weeks of usage or your acne worsens, consult your doctor immediately and do not continue to use this product as your doctor may be able to recommend alternative treatments.
Pregnancy or breastfeeding
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, ask your doctor for advice before using this treatment
Side effects and precautions
With any treatment, although rare, side effects may occur for certain individuals. Do not continue to use acnecide gel if you experience any allergic reactions such as: Swelling around the face or mouth Itchiness or rash (hives) Lightheadedness
Acnecide gel may cause the following side effects: This is mostly common for more than 1 in 10 people
- Dry skin
- Burning sensation on the skin
- Peeling of the skin
If any of these side effects become severe, contact your doctor immediately for medical attention and stop using this product.