How to take the PCR Test at Home
24 March, 2021 | Raja
Diagnostic testing for the coronavirus is one of the primary methods for preventing the spread of infection and tracing it. The NHS provides free PCR Swab Testing for COVID on the condition that the person getting tested has shown symptoms of the disease. Many airlines and other countries have made it mandatory to get tested for COVID before travelling there by air. If the test result is negative for COVID, you will get a Fit-to-Fly Certificate and be capable of travelling by air.
Why test from home?
If you don’t have any virus symptoms, the NHS will not provide a free PCR swab test. However, you can still get a COVID test done privately. If you want to get tested from the security and comfort of your own home, you can opt for the home sample collection kit. If you need to travel, you can buy our COVID-19 Coronavirus Home Test Kit, which you can use to take a sample from your throat and nose by yourself, and send the swabs to our lab to be tested. If your result is negative, a Fit-to-Fly Certificate will be generated automatically. You can then use this to travel by air and prove to the authorities of whichever country you are visiting that you have tested negative for COVID.
Are Home Test Kits accurate?
Numerous studies have confirmed that COVID-19 Coronavirus home test kits are nearly as accurate and valid as medical professionals’ tests done in medical facilities. The samples are sent to our UKAS accredited labs, where you can rest assured that trained professionals will handle your test sample to get you the results as soon as possible. Make sure to conduct the home test properly, which is why reading and following the instructions is so critical. As long as you follow the instructions, the test will be as good as any test conducted by a nurse at your doctor’s office.
Why you should choose us
Our COVID-19 Coronavirus Home Test Kit is easy to use and time-efficient; if done correctly, the results will be accurate. We have made an instructional video for you. You can watch the video by clicking here and follow the instructions below.
Step by step instructions:
Important: Before you start…
1. Take note of the ten-digit vial number starting with YG
2. Do not eat, drink, smoke or chew gum for at least 30 minutes before providing your sample and wash hands before beginning the process.
Your results will be ready in 12-48 hours from the time the lab receives your sample.
Step 1: Preparation and taking the mouth swab
1. Please wash your hands carefully before starting, then unpack the kit onto a clean surface.
2. Open the swab packet, which contains the collection bottle and swab.
3. Pull open the throat swab, being careful not to touch the swab head.
4. Swipe the cotton bud around the back of your throat across the five areas shown in the diagram. Avoid swabbing tongue and teeth.
Step 2: Taking the nose swab
1. Place the cotton bud tip inside your nostrils, and gently wipe the inside of your nose.
2. Repeat this for your other nostril using the same swab.
3. Open the transport medium, ensuring you do not spill the preservative liquid inside.
4. Place the soft tip of the swab into the transport medium and break off the plastic end, indicated by the breaking point near the cotton bud, making sure the swab is in the fluid.
5. Replace the lid on the tube and close tightly.
Step 3: Packing your sample
1. Wash your hands
2. Place the sample tube into the foam insert inside the box with the absorbent sheet covering the foam.
3. Place the foam insert and the absorbent sheet inside the biohazard bag and seal the insert into the kit box.
4. Apply provided sending label to the packaging box.
5. Send off your sample using your desired method!
Remember to register as soon as possible
Please don’t waste any time registering on our online portal. The best time to register your Home Test Kit is right after you have taken the test. You will need to provide some personal information, such as your name, address, passport number (passport only if you are applying for a ‘Fit-to-Fly Certificate’) and other relevant details. You need to register your test kit using the ten-digit reference number starting with YG (capitalized). Also, save this number and note it down on a piece of paper.
If you have purchased our test to get a Fit-to-Fly Certificate, your certificate will be generated as soon as your negative result comes in.
The iQ Doctor professionals are working day and night to provide testing services for the people of Britain. When you use our products and services, you can rest assured that you are in safe hands.
We understand how important it is to get tested for COVID, especially in these unprecedented times. If you have no choice but to travel, then get started with the process of applying for your Fit-to-Fly Certificate today.
The iQ Doctor team stands for Advice, Treatments and Health. We’re here to make sure you and your loved ones get through the COVID-19 pandemic and onwards to your destination safe and sound.